Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Interesting Day

I found myself talking to someone today who had been in a car wreck similar to Brian's.  It was a head-on collision and she lived through it.  She didn't know my story and it wasn't appropriate to share it with her.  However, she told me that she gets sick of people telling her "at least you didn't die".  With tears in her eyes she said "I wish I would have died, it would have been easier".   

She has pins in her legs and arms and spent months and months in the hospital trying to recover.  She has to carry a special card anytime she flies or goes through a metal detector so that they won't search her thinking she is hiding something.  I asked her if she had read "90 Minutes in Heaven" and she said the injuries he suffered were almost identical to hers.  It was a very long and very difficult recovery, one that in her mind "was worse than death".

I'm not sure exactly what to make of our conversation.  Is it coincidence that I had the experience at the training and wrote about it last night and then today this conversation happened?  

As she was talking I felt extremely weird and a little uncomfortable.  I wondered is God trying to tell me something?  Or even weirder, is Brian trying to let me know that this was what was best for him?  I haven't had those kind of odd thoughts in a long time.  Yet, I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone...I was thinking to myself, "am I really having this conversation with this girl?"  

I'm not sure if I will get to talk with her again...but I do feel like our conversation served a purpose for both of us.  Life sure has been interesting lately.  




No comments: