Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter 2009 was a wonderful day of worship, service, fellowship and fun. The kids and I made it into the 8:10 service today and got to worship our risen Lord. One highlight of the service was hearing the testimony of the young mom that our staff helped out at Christmas time. God is doing a work in her life and it was cool to know that we had a part in that. I am thankful that God has allowed me to see some fruit from that effort. More than that, I am in awe of how God can change a person's heart and life.

The preschool ministry went off without a hitch this morning. We had record numbers of preschoolers and our volunteers showed up in full force. It was a great morning of serving our church families. I am thankful for the way our church responds on Easter! It blesses me every year!

We had a scrumptuous Easter dinner this afternoon. It was just the four of us but it was really nice. We had good conversation around the table and it was a team effort to get everything cooked and cleaned up. The kids are doing a good job of helping with setting the table, fixing the glasses, clearing the table and cleaning up the kitchen.

We had our annual neighborhood and friends and family Easter egg hunt this afternoon. Kids + oodles of eggs=FUN!!!!!

This evening the kids requested family time. I thought I was going to pass out when they asked if we could do it. Braden wanted to light the candles again (a budding pyromaniac) and Lexi had a snack she wanted to share at the end. So, of course, we did family time. The whole time I was smiling because they were willing and enthusiastic participants. We have come a long way lately in the spiritual arena. Our conversations are going deeper and I can see how God is working in their hearts. After I shared the Bible story Lexi asked if we could do what Jesus did at the Last Supper. She had brought crackers and chocolate (gotta love that). I just went with the flow and she told me the crackers were Jesus' body and the chocolate was His blood. She asked me to say the words that go with it and so we did. I suppose we had a pseudo-communion experience tonight. I used it as a teaching time to tell them why we do it and how they weren't able to participate in the church's communion until they were Christians. It was sweet, really sweet.

My heart is full today....I found tears in my eyes last night as I thought about another Easter without family, and another Easter without Brian....Today, the Lord blessed me with lots of smiles, laughter, and love.....for that I am grateful.

No comments: