Sunday, April 05, 2009

Family Time

Tonight we had a great family time/devotion. Just for grins, I had the kids turn out all the lights in the house and we lit three candles. The change in scenery grabbed their attention better than in the past. The ambience was nice and allowed them to focus on what we were doing.

We talked about Holy Week. As a result, I am contemplating having a Maundy Thursday event on Thursay. Wouldn't it be cool to do a "last supper" with the kids and maybe even a foot-washing? I may lose the energy to do it but it has me thinking about how I could make that happen. Since we don't get to worship together very often (it's probably been 3-4 months since we last sat in church together) I am trying to be more creative with worship experiences in our home. I am thinking this might be a cool one to try...and maybe a way to help them learn about Easter and Holy Week.

Nathan did great on Bible Drill today. He advanced to state and only missed 2 calls today. He has come a long way and I am very proud of him. Standing in front of people is not his favorite thing to do so this has really stretched him. One very endearing quality about him is his work ethic. He truly works hard at whatever he does and I am very proud of him for that.

We ended the night playing a game of Apples to Apples. We all had lots of laughs and Braden tried his best to play along. He's not quite there yet, but I look forward to "game nights" when all of us can play games together without the limitations of reading/understanding that are now still lacking.

For a great day...I am grateful.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

THANK YOU for the inspiration tonite I am having a Maundy Thursday tonite at my home....you here inspired me to step out and invite and now i am very excited to just sit around the table and talk about where He's brought us this year and to have communion with them.... THANK YOU