Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Life is good...

The past couple of days have been so sweet and good around our house.  Well, there was that fiasco with the "popper" that caused some temporary insanity in our home.  Other than that, it has been smooth sailing.  I hate to say that because it may mean storms are brewing for later in the week.  But, for now, I can be thankful for good times at 906 Royal Court.

This afternoon all three kids had doctor appointments.  Braden (5 yrs) and Lexi (8 yrs) weigh the same amount and are within 1/2 an inch of each other.  Braden is off the charts for his age.  I am thinking a second job may be necessary when he reaches the teen years.  Nathan moved up to "average" for his age.  The doctor pointed out that he had been "short and skinny" this time last year.  Gotta love the way she put it so bluntly.  I am so very thankful for their health.  God has been good to us in that arena.  For whatever reason, I just feel especially grateful for that today.

We didn't get out of those appointments until it was too late to go back to school so I was "spontaneous" and took them to the Fort Worth Zoo for a late afternoon walk through the park.  First of all, "spontaneity" is not my gift and so I was especially pleased with myself.  Secondly, we had a wonderful time.  No strollers, no fussing, just enjoying the beautiful weather and watching the funny animals.  The monkeys provided quite a show for us concerning their bodily functions...and oh so up close and personal.  Again, being there this afternoon I felt a tremendous sense of gratitude and peace.  

This evening Braden and I went for a "run".  It was more "walk" than "run" but he was determined to go "a mile and a half".   So, we did.  He was especially charming and funny and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Tomorrow is the awards banquet at school.  I am a little nervous about going but excited that I was invited and will be receiving an award.  I wish Brian were here to go with me but I know he is (would be) proud.  And, I'm a very non-traditional student....so there!!!!  It's strange to be consistently one of the "older" ones in my classes....life is so interesting.

Life is good...and I am very grateful...and hopeful!


1 comment:

The Widower Dad said...

My youngest had a field trip to the Ft. Worth zoo last week. The monkeys were putting on a similar show then...they must train them to act untrained.

Good to hear things are going well, I hope the trend, and blessings continue for you.