Thursday, April 09, 2009

Our Maundy Thursday



So, we did the "Maundy Thursday" thing tonight.  It was a lot of fun.  The kids enjoyed planning it, setting the props up, rearranging the furniture in the living room and preparing the food.  I think they also learned something too.  

For me, it was good...not perfect, not exactly how I imagined it, but good!  My expectations always seem to be a little higher than they should be.  However, we did it and I am glad.

This is part of my decision to try to do more things in our home that reflect the faith I want  my children to follow.  I am always so "busy" at church that we rarely get to do the things that normal families do at church...like sit in worship together.  However, if we can do family devotions and special events like this I believe we can do a better job of expressing our faith through our actions and worship.

I was a little frustrated by the behavior of one certain off-spring...who shall remain nameless.  We have been doing so well lately, this was definitely a set back.  He acted his age and stayed true to his personality, so at least he is consistent.  I need to spend more time praying for him and asking God to help me parent him in the most effective way possible.

For me, I learned some new things about the Last Supper.  Jesus was spending his last hours with his disciples and He wanted to make sure they understood who He was and what he expected of them.  His new command to "love one another" stood out to me as a focus area for my life.  I need to love like Jesus loves.  I fall way short in that standard.

For special times as a family and with friends...I am grateful.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

...as am I--for you and your influence on your children. What a wonderful celebration to share with your kids. As far as the "child who will remain nameless"--aren't we fortunate that GOD KNOWS who our children are and what they bring to His table--He accepts it all...
Blessings...