Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Job Well Done!

Nathan participated in his first state Bible drill competition this weekend.  Hats off to him for a job well done.  This picture was taken right after he finished and he was jazzed about how well he did!

I was too.

We've worked hard on this.  I think I have every verse and key passage memorized as well.

I love that he had to work hard at it and that he was successful.  It reinforces to him how well he can do when he puts his mind to it.

According to my scorecard he was one shy of being perfect.  I would have never dreamed he would do that well (especially last October when he first started working on it).

It's not the performance I am the proudest of....it's the way he continues to choose to be diligent in whatever challenge is before him.  He doesn't give up when it gets tough.  He may consider it and it may frustrate him, but he chooses to perservere.  

The buttons have been popping off my shirt lately.....and the amount of hope I have for my kids has continued to sky rocket.

For hope, I am grateful.


No comments: