Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Forty Years....

Brian would turn 40 tomorrow. Hard to believe that he's not here to celebrate that milestone. I am sure if he were here he would be doing something crazy. Or, I would be planning a big celebration. Instead, tomorrow will come and go quickly and quietly.

I've got a big day tomorrow. I'm teaching a class tomorrow morning and that has occupied most of my free time this week. My thoughts have been focused on that and how I would present the topic. I've also been working hard to get the grant position/program off the ground. So, I guess that is good....that life is busy and good...that there isn't much time to reminisce or wish things were different.

To be sure, Brian continues to influence and impact many lives....including mine. While he isn't here to physically celebrate, the memory of his life and love is an incredible gift to me and the kids. I miss him. I wish he were here to give a hard time about hitting the big 4-0....

But, he's not here.....

And, we are .....

And, so, we continue to find joy and meaning and hope and love in our lives...and that's a good thing....a very, very good thing.

I'm blessed for the relationship that we had....blessed by his love.....thankful for the memories...

So very thankful......thankful that 40 years ago tomorrow God granted him life....thankful for the family that God blessed him with....thankful that even 40 years later he is still influencing and impacting many lives....his legacy will exceed his earthly life...that I am certain....Happy Birthday Brian...you are still so very loved....and will never be forgotten....

No comments: