Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Busy Weekend...and a busy week ahead!

Happenings this weekend.....

Lexi and I went shopping yesterday and got her several new outfits.  She was a pleasure to be with...truly a pleasure.  I've been with her before and we've struggled to agree on what we were going to buy (style mainly)....or she has wanted 10 outfits when I really only planned to buy a couple.  This time she didn't complain when I set the limits and she didn't get upset when I vetoed an outfit she wanted.  Yeah for Lexi!  

I quit drinking Dr. Pepper.  It seems someone hit the "pause" button on my metabolism and I think it has something to do with the extra calories I have been getting from all the Dr. Pepper I drink.  So, two days down...I had a horrendous headache this afternoon....even threw up....felt awful....but, tonight, I am much better.  I am hopeful the worst has passed.

Braden had his first soccer game.  He did really well.  He started out as a forward but mid-way through the first quarter they switched him to defender.  It was a good move because he was able to stop the scoring machine called number "7" on the other team.  He doesn't understand all the strategy and seemed clueless at times...but he did well.  It was fun to watch....my throat is a little soar from trying to give him hints from the sidelines.

Mom comes tomorrow and will be here until the following Wednesday.  I am really looking forward to her being here.  I leave on Tuesday for a training in Austin and won't be home until Friday.  I will be praying every day that the kids do well for mom and that Braden has a good week at school.  He had an all "green" week last week and his teacher said on Friday that he was doing really good.  It seems she has a new point system that he is all over....he loves rewards!

For a good weekend, I am grateful.

No comments: