Friday, September 11, 2009

TGIF

Yeah!  I made it through today...and so did the kids.  Lexi and Braden were actually pretty stoked about some "special" things they got to do since their grandparents didn't come and most of the kids weren't in the classroom...they were all smiles when I picked them up today.  I still hate that they didn't have anyone there today, but at least they realized it wasn't the end of the world.

I accomplished some major things today.  One of which, was a meeting with another realtor about my commercial property.  I feel pretty confident that I made the right decision in telling the other one that he wasn't a good fit.  I like the lady I met with today.  She feels "right".  I made some decisions that I am proud of.  I will be listing it with her probably later next week.  She was far more encouraging than the other guy.  I also decided that I was done with my current tenants.  Even if they want to negotiate staying, it won't be with me.  I have removed myself from the equation and feel incredibly good about that decision.  I'm not getting in the mud with them ever again.  If they want to stay, they will be talking to my realtor....and that feels soooooo good!  Yes, I will have to pay her for negotiating with them but holy cow batman it will be worth every penny not to have to deal with their games.  So, a plan is in place...we have a strategy....and I am praying God will continue to direct every step along the way.  I truly feel like (so far) I am on the right path...

I also got an email from my professor today giving me some room for breathing...one of the things that she wanted me to do she no longer needs me to do...woohoo...I can't tell you how good it felt to read that email....the pressure is off for another month or so...

I'm still working on all my scheduling issues related to work and the kids...if I just take it one event at a time it doesn't seem so overwhelming....

I called my dad this evening to talk to him about my conversation with the realtor....he affirmed my decisions and said he was really glad I was stepping out and paying someone to deal with the stress....my mom also got on the phone and told me she thought I was doing the right thing...so, that feels good.  I think I have weaned myself off needing my dad to lead me through every decision.  He actually initially suggested a different strategy but it didn't feel "right" and I shared with him that I wasn't going to do that and he was more than supportive of my decision.  I relied on him so heavily when Brian first died....I don't know what I would have done without him....and, now...it feels good not to "need" him so much....I've got my big girl panties on and they fit pretty good (for now....)

So, TGIF....lots accomplished....for that I am grateful!

No comments: