Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Got a call from the Principal today...

...and it wasn't to let me know how great my kids were...

Braden found himself in the Principal's office today for getting into a scuffle on the playground....

There are no words for how bad today sucked....

The only bit of good news came from my tax lady who called to tell me I had a refund coming that I didn't even know about...

The rest of it sucked...truly, there is no other way to describe it.

It's one of those days when every time you turn around you get hit with something unexpected...and it seems I'm meeting no one's expectations....

And, to top it all off, my dog keeps tearing up the fence and getting out....it's like Marly and Me and GroundHog Day put together....

It's one of those days when I realize what a disadvantage I am at being a single parent. The only thing worse than that is the fact that my kids are at a huge disadvantage without their dad...and without two people to support and care for them. I reached my tipping point with it all today....I'm worn out from running them to piano and soccer...and then home to do homework and laundry...and pay bills...and deal with an unruly dog....and follow through on consequences for Braden's trip to the office...

I didn't share with the other kids what happened today with Braden. I don't want him to get beat down by them for what happened. They seem to enjoy reminding him that he gets in trouble more than they do. So, it's just between us....unless it happens again and then I can't guarantee they won't find out. My profound statement of the day to a good friend was "I just hope there is HOPE..." I fear he is going to have a rough go....and I don't know what I can do about it that I haven't already tried....And...I know things would be different if Brian were still around...and that makes me feel awful....like a failure...

It's been a tough one....

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm sorry you had such a hard day. I can completely relate to your feelings. I know my sons are missing out on such an important part of their life by not having their Dad here and being an only parent can be so overwhelming, exhausting and lonely. Thank you for sharing your frustrations - your words help so many of us realize that we are not alone.

Gigi said...

shelly in Texas....that's how I pray for you .....:)