Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Plugging Along...

We're plugging along....Braden has had 6 days in a row of "green" behavior...."green" is good!  I can almost laugh about his trip to the principal's office now....it's still a sore spot but I have gotten a little more perspective.  It seems MANY of my friends have had similar experiences with their kids.  Most of them were very encouraging and helped me realize it doesn't mean a life of crime for him.  I knew that, but I needed to hear it from others.  In addition, tonight he showed me a softer side of himself....a spiritual side...a side I don't normally get to see...and that made me feel so good.  He is oozing with potential.....it's just going to be one heck of a ride!

Nathan came home today with his first benchmark scores.  He scored a 100% on a test that the teacher said to consider a 60% a good score.  Wow!  He is doing so well.  I am utterly amazed!  Who would have thought my little average boy would be knocking it out of the park as a fifth grader?  He was oh so average in kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade....Yeah Nathan!  You rock!

Lexi did really well on her benchmark scores too.  I don't have the exact score but her teacher told her she got an "M" on them.  I worry a little about her and tests.  She tends to get anxious about tests.  However, I was so proud of her and how hard she worked on her test.  She took her time and tried to do her very best work.  Yeah Lexi!  You will get there too!

One of the really hard things about being widowed is that there is no one to share the small victories with...no one to brag about your kids to....no one to share the tears when they get in trouble....no one to "high five" when they knock it out of the park....

For a good few days, I am grateful.

No comments: