Sunday, September 06, 2009

Two great days...I think I'm onto something...

Our family is functioning at a high level again.  YEAH!!!!!  Two days in a row of really good behavior from EVERYONE!

I had to smile at myself tonight when Braden started to fudge on helping clean up the kitchen.  I told him, in a very matter of fact way, "that ship has sailed...I'm no longer your maid, everyone helps and that includes you."  Woohoo, that felt good.  And, guess what, he did what he was asked.

I'm not sure how we got so off course....and not sure why I didn't recognize the issues sooner.

To be sure, life isn't perfect...it never will be...but, for now, we've got a handle on how our family needs to function in order to maximize the joy factor.

For another good day...I'm so very grateful.

No comments: