Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Lexi's Baptism


This past weekend we celebrated Lexi's baptism. My parents were here along with my sister and her kids. We had a FULL house all weekend and I loved it. During the actual baptism I didn't shed any tears. I was very proud and happy and excited for Lexi. The morning of the baptism I found myself crying as I was getting ready for church. I was thinking about how proud Brian must be of Lexi and it made me realize how much he is missing.
Brian was an incredible father. If it weren't for the fact that he is in heaven, I think he would be crushed that he is missing out on seeing his kids grow up. I can't even imagine how upset he would have been had he known his life would be cut short. Sometimes I think about that and it brings up a lot of emotion.
I'm not sure if he got a peek at Lexi's baptism this Sunday...but if he did, I know his smile was unending and the tears were free flowing....tears of joy....and pride.
It's been a tough month or so....I'm ready to quit feeling sad and sentimental....
I guess this is why grief has no timeline....it shows up on important days and reminds me of the magnitude of the loss...
I'm thankful for a great weekend filled with family and friends....we had a big lunch after the service and invited friends and family....It was a sweet time....for that, I am grateful!

No comments: