Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Too many irons in the fire...

Too many things going on right now....

I see some light at the end of the tunnel....but I'm exhausted and not sure I will make it to the end of the tunnel.

I'm thankful for the many opportunities for ministry and service....I have an overabundance of things in my life that excite me and inspire me...sometimes I just can't figure out which iron needs to be stoked and which needs to be left alone.

I love doing so many different things...all at once...but the pace is wearing me down.

I enjoyed teaching today at the seminary.  It was a stretching experience that I get more comfortable doing each time I do it.  I was thinking today about how many areas of my professional life have been stretched since I went back to school.  It has been an amazing ride and I am thankful for the opportunity to grow and learn and be challenged.  I can certainly say that the decision to go to back to school and work on my PhD has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.  It has set into motion so many possibilities and has opened doors for me that would have never been opened.  I love the journey I am on....

So, I suppose I am grateful for all the irons in the fire....but I'm also in need of some relief from it...the great paradox....finding the balance between good stress that pushes you forward and bad stress that sends you to the funny farm....hopefully, I'll find a healthy balance.

For the gift of hope....I am grateful.

No comments: