Sunday, October 11, 2009

Back in the groove...

I see the light at the end of the tunnel....

Last week I was feeling overwhelmed by all the schedule demands....never feeling like I was going to catch up at home....

This weekend has been so nice....I think I am finally caught up and the kids are back in the groove.

At one point today I had Braden reading to me, Lexi practicing her piano and Nathan playing an educational game on the computer to work on his multiplication facts.  All three of them worked this weekend on areas they need to improve in at school.  Yeah for us.  It felt good to see so much productivity.

Yesterday's soccer game was horrendous.  We got killed by the other team.  My blood pressure goes up just thinking about it.  I wish I wasn't so competitive...I hate losing.

This week will be busy but manageable.  I'm teaching two classes on Boundaries at CWJC and an Early Childhood Education class at the seminary.  Both of those should be fairly easy because they are very familiar topics and ones I have taught before.  On Friday I will go to the zoo with Braden's class.  I am happy to go with him but really wish I could have a Friday just for me.  I've had grant training the past 3 Fridays and with the field trip this Friday, I will have to wait another week to be able to run my endless list of errands.  At least there are no overnight trips to manage this week...:)

I struggle when we get out of the groove and lose our routine...life feels chaotic and out of control when everything is out of sync.  I'm thankful for a weekend where we have caught our rhythm and found the groove that works for us.

For a good weekend, I am grateful.



No comments: