Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thankful....and a little frustrated

I'm thankful for my mom and the way she has helped me over the course of the past four and a half years.  She was here again this weekend to distract the kids while I wrote my paper.  I got 14 pages written...woohoo!  There is no way I could have done it without her.  God has blessed me with two fantastic parents who have supported me and stood in the gap when necessary.  I thank God for that and realize how lucky I am to have that kind of support.

I feel soooo much better having accomplished so much this weekend.  The burden of school has lifted a little.  I know I will get it completed and it is turning out to be a pretty good paper.  The pressure of feeling like I was behind the curve on it was weighing heavily on me.  After this semester I will be one hour short of being halfway through the program...hard to believe I am that far along.  There is light peering out of the end of the tunnel....

I got a random phone call tonight that got me all flustered.  A PTO mom called me to let me know I was on their list of people who had not given money for the school carnival.  They asked each class to ask each student to have their parent give 10.00 towards the fund.  I have 3 kids and so that would have been 30.00.   Frankly, every other check in my checkbook is written to their school.  Nathan has a big fieldtrip that I have a monthly payment of 78.00 and all three of them are asking for 23.00 yearbooks (69.00 total).  Add on top of that the 145.00 I need to pay to have them in Upward Basketball and my monthly budget was shot.  So, I said "no".  Apparently, that isn't the answer they want.  But, I said it anyway.  "No, I am sorry, I need to say no this time".  

Why did they need to call me about it?  Why can't they take no and understand people have limits.  It's taking everything in me not to write an email to the principal letting them know how inappropriate it was.  I'm on a list....of non-givers....great.  Love that.  Totally unnecessary.  

So...incredibly thankful, and a little frustrated....life is always interesting...:)

No comments: