Friday, October 16, 2009

A good report...

I had an opportunity to visit with Braden's teacher today on the field trip to the zoo. I asked her how he was doing (remember the trip to the office), and she said "he's doing perfect...ever since we started the point system he has been like a different kid." Those were her exact words..."perfect"...never heard that word used with him before....:)

She went on to say that she had recently moved him to another table to help out some friends who were struggling to get everything done. Apparently, he's quite the Hitler about getting the table cleaned up and packed up so they can be first to line up and get their "points". I thought she was kidding but she was serious.

Obviously, I know he isn't perfect. Far from it...but he's making progress and he's adjusting to kindergarten and finding his place in the classroom. I'm thankful that one trip to the principal's office and a new "point" system has apparently helped him make some significant adjustments.

Yeah for Braden....I knew he could do it....God has great plans for him....he has potential oozing out of him....and I think he sweats testosterone....:) There is no doubt being his mom will be quite a ride...bumpy at times....but I wouldn't miss it....thankful for the opportunity to see growth!

No comments: