Monday, October 19, 2009

A new leg of the journey....

Today I think I officially heard that my tenants will be moving out at the end of this month.  I say "think" because they have yet to say it to me, but one of their employees told my building manager today what their plan was.  It's so nice to have such a good line of communication...:)  You would think it would be common courtesy to actually let the landlord know you are moving out.  I've emailed them and get no response.  Oh well, I digress.

I have mixed feelings about this.  Obviously, the reduction in income will be felt and I tend to worry about the long-term effects of having this financial burden.  However, I do have a peace about it and look forward to either selling it or leasing it to a new tenant.  I have had my fill of these tenants and I'm praying God will allow me to sell it.  I can't even begin to imagine how wonderful it would feel to no longer have that responsibility hanging over my head and check-book.  

Fortunately, I've been preparing as though this was going to happen.  I've saved and put away money from their rent checks to tide me through one year of no income.  After one year, it will start to dip into my personal savings.  At that point, I'll decide what decisions will need to be made.  In some ways that excites me as well.  It might be a good reason to make a big change like selling my house.  I love my house and my neighbors but this may be the impetus I need to make a decision that would otherwise be very difficult to do.  

Who knows where this leg of the journey is going to take me...and for once, I'm not fearing it....I'm trying to look at it in a positive light...I'm getting rid of some people in my life that I won't miss and I may get to be relieved of the responsibility of being a commercial landlord....AND, it just might force me to make some decisions that will be beneficial to me and the kids....

In summary....in a strange way...I can say...."It's all good"....whatever happens, "it's all good" and we will be just fine.

For peace that only He can give...I'm soooo grateful.

No comments: