Sunday, September 30, 2007

Add some more to the list of things I've learned....

A while back I wrote a blog about all the things that I have learned since Brian died. It was fun to look back and see all that I had been forced to learn to do....many of the things I think Brian would have found quite humorous.

Well, a few more adventures later and there are still things to add to the list.....Yesterday's trip with the kids to Mineral Wells State Park taught me these things....

1. Never allow your son to toss you the car keys when you are in a boat in the lake. The ramifications are HUGE! Keys don't float.
2. Always carry a BIG magnet on a string for such said adventures on the lake.
3. Never try to answer your cell phone while trying to keep two small paddleboats attached to the dock while four kids are trying to maneuver from one boat to the other.
4. Sometimes the best cure for being down in the dumps is to get out and explore God's creation with your kids.
5. A Saturday spent at a state park is sure to create some great family memories!


We definitely made some good memories this weekend. It was good to get out of the house and it was worth the effort it took to make it happen.

I think we will be going back soon....there are more rocks to climb and frogs to chase....

For this weekend I am grateful.....

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm really glad ya'll had fun at the park! I'm sure there will be more memories to come.