Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thoughts

It's been a better week. I believe God has provided some affirmations for me through various people. I am thankful when I can recognize those affirmations and accept them.

My oldest son brought home his TAKS benchmark scores and his scores were terrific. I am proud of him because it wasn't too long ago that I worried about his reading and whether he would ever hit his stride. More than pride though is a huge sense of relief. He is doing well. He is doing more than just ok.....huge relief......super huge relief........monumental relief....he's learning to work hard and right now, he is enjoying the fruits of his hard work.

I got started reading the Message Bible because of the contemporary language it uses....when I read it things seem to connect with me better than any other translation. One particular passage that I came across this week was:

Psalm 19:7-9

"The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are always right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree."

When I read this passage this week I realized that God's plan for my life isn't supposed to be a huge mystery. I tend to try to make things way too complicated. God knows my heart. He knows my desires. He has gifted me and prepared me for the things He wants me to do. All I really have to do is keep my relationship with Him open....if I will just earnestly seek after Him, everything will be clear....and I will begin to see His hand in my life as He works all things together for God......


So, I need to put more emphasis on seeking after Him.....and less emphasis on worrying about whether I am going to make the wrong choice....this passage indicates that it will be pretty clear what I am supposed to do.....it doesn't mean that it will be easy....or comfortable.....but it should be pretty obvious....


It's been a good week....for that I am grateful...

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Thanks for this....I keep thinking that's it...you know seeking after Him ....so thanks for this.