Thursday, October 18, 2007

All in a day's work...

I almost had to call the fire department tonight. I was cooking hamburgers on my new grill and it got out of control....flames everywhere.....I didn't know what to do.....had a few minutes of excitement before I ran and got the hose and shot the flames down from a distance. After it was all over I felt sort of foolish....I shouldn't have let it get out of hand....but it happened so fast....and I was MOST annoyed that my brand new grill was seemingly going up in flames....

I just THOUGHT I had become a great griller.....guess I still have a few things to learn.....but, hey, my neighbor told me exactly what to do if it happened again....and he SAYS that my grill will be ok....I guess my project for tomorrow is to try to clean off the soot from the fire that burned the you know what out of those burgers....

The burgers were like brilo pads when it was all said and done....what a waste of 15.00 worth of meat......

Note to self....don't buy Kroger brand hamburger meat that doesn't tell whether it is lean or fatty.....apparently the product had a little to do with the problem...as well as the cook....

Sometimes life is all about putting out the fires.....I seem to run from one fire to the next.....to the next...to the next.....all in a day's work....

No comments: