Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to reality....

Parenting is the hardest task I have ever been given. Just when you think you are doing well and making progress with your kids, they do things that make you question your ability to parent.

Tonight a simple thing happened that sent me on a tangent with my kids. We were at church and went to an event that included each family decorating one kite. Sounds fun. Sounds simple enough. Enter my children who think the world revolves around them. Instead of enjoying making a kite together they have to fight about who gets to color what and where....they grump about the fact that they each don't have their own kite....etc....etc....etc......

I realized tonight that my children think the whole world revolves around them.....and when things don't go just their way they don't know how to handle it. I know they aren't alone in this entitlement saga....truth be told, I tend to think things revolve around me too....but, how do you teach your kids not to function that way?

My prayer is that God will show me how I can teach them to think and live differently....and, that God will show me what needs to change in my own life....

Back to reality.....kids are high maintenance aren't they?

No comments: