Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Chapter Ending...???

Unless something changes dramatically overnight, it looks as though another chapter will be ending in the very near future.  I have been negotiating most of the afternoon and evening on a deal to sell my building.  The final offer has been extended and we should know something tomorrow.  By all indications, we have reached a verbal deal.   We just need to formalize it contractually.

It's been a complicated decision, but things appear to be falling in place.  The buyer saw the for sale sign go up and called my realtor just two hours after the sign was in the ground.  He has pursued us and worked steadily at reaching a deal for almost a month.  For the past two weeks he has had contractors and city engineers and inspectors in and out of the building to formulate his plan.  He called my realtor this morning to start the process of negotiations.

I prayed God would send me a buyer and that it would happen quickly.  I was prepared for a long-term vacancy.  It appears He has answered my prayer.  I'm not turning any somersaults yet, but I'm optimistic and hopeful...and grateful.

I'm not making a killing on the deal by any means.  It's a fair deal and one that will bless us...but not spectacular.  I'm good with it.  Given the economic climate, I'm thankful to have a buyer....really thankful.  

I can't even imagine how wonderful it will feel to no longer be responsible for the building.  It will be a hat I can take off and NEVER wear again.  I will still have a residential rental property but it is a walk in the park compared to the commercial landlord hat I have had to wear.

So....maybe the final words in this chapter are being written....and maybe the page will even turn before the end of 2009....what a great year 2009 has been!!!

No comments: