Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Count Your Blessings....Name them one by one....

I wanted to take a few minutes to "count my blessings".  Thanksgiving provides a mental cue for me to stop and consider all that I have to be grateful for in my life.  Here is my list for 2009:

1.  I'm thankful for new beginnings, endings, and detours.  God uses everything in my life to teach me about His character and presence.  I'm especially thankful that another semester has just about come to a close.  I emailed off my paper last night and finished up a video/powerpoint presentation tonight.  

2.  I'm thankful for my parents.  My mom has been incredible to me this fall.  There is no way I would have made it through all the events/trips/expectations/school demands had she not come to rescue me several times.  My dad has given me room to make decisions but has also provided timeless wisdom and insight when I needed it.  A couple of weeks ago he told me he was proud of me and all that I was accomplishing.  His words are so powerful in my life.  Thank you God for my mom and dad.  Keep them healthy and safe and may they be a part of my life for many years to come.

3.  I'm thankful for my kids and the way they inspire me to "swing for the fence".  I love the way Nathan works hard at school and is driven to excellence.  Lexi is a joy to be around and her tender faith is a huge blessing in my life.  Every day when I look at Braden I am reminded of Brian.  I love that he looks just like him.  I love his smile.  My kids are a gift, a treasured, precious gift.  Thank you God, Thank you God.

4.  I'm thankful for opportunities to stretch and grow.   I count it a privilege and joy to be able to go back to school and learn.  I get jazzed about the things I am learning.  If I could, I would go to school for the rest of my life....I love learning...absolutely love the process of learning.

5.  I'm thankful for the way God provides for me and the kids.  We are blessed.  Thank you God for your provision and faithfulness.

6.  I'm thankful for hot showers, bubble baths, caffeine-free Dr. Pepper, long walks on beautiful Fall days, family time, summer vacations, a job I love, a great elementary school for my kids to attend, the support of our local church family and friends who know me well and love me anyways.

7.  I'm thankful for affirmation that helps me see God's work in my life.  I'm thankful for those people who speak words of affirmation to me when I most need it.

8.  I'm thankful for a beautiful home and wonderful neighbors.  

9.  I'm thankful for music and the songs God has used to speak to me this year.  

10.  I'm thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ....who brings beauty from ashes.

No comments: