Saturday, November 07, 2009

Saturday....ahhhhh!

No soccer game+beautiful weather=Relaxing and Productive Saturday!

We had a bye this week so there was nothing on our schedule today.  As a result, it felt like a mini vacation.  We had a nice, relaxing day.  The kids were happy to be at home and we accomplished only the things we wanted to!

From snuggling on the couch watching cartoons....to playing basketball on the driveway....to reading 86 pages to Lexi and finishing a 337 page book we have been working on for about two weeks....to cooking a great family favorite meal for dinner...it was ALL good!

The only thing I ditched that I felt a little guilty about was the school carnival.  The kids expressed an interest in going earlier in the week but didn't mention it today.  So, we didn't go.  Part of it is that I am tapped out from all their school activities and field trips...but part of it is that it is no fun to take 3 kids to a carnival by yourself.  There is nothing fun about trying to manage three kids and their tickets and prizes and food and everything else all by yourself!  Similar to the Boo Bash, I just couldn't make myself go....and I guess that's ok.

Oh, the productive part for me...I am now on page 19 of the paper I am writing...only 11 to go.  The kids played outside for a while this afternoon and I was able to get 4 more pages written....it's all down hill from here and I am very pumped and relieved about that!

On a side note, I've got some heavy things on my heart and mind right now.  I'm trying to process difficult issues and need wisdom in knowing how to do that.  I really miss Brian for that...I know I've posted about this a million times...but, it is so hard to do life on your own with no one to help you sort through thoughts and feelings.  I've learned that I work through my issues by verbalizing them....it's kind of hard to do that with no one to listen.  

For a beautiful Saturday...I'm thankful...and grateful.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Glad you all had such a great day. And you're right - it is so hard to go through life without our partners and everything we do is magnified by their absence. Good luck with the things that are weighing heavy on your heart.