Wednesday, November 18, 2009

High Points, Perspective, and Peace

This past Sunday I participated in a cardboard testimony service.  At some point there will be a video and I will post it here.  However, for now, I wanted to get down some of my thoughts about that experience.  First of all, it felt like a very natural expression of God's grace in my life.  I had no problem doing and felt honored to participate.  Lexi was also a part of it (by her choice).  After it was over I had several people thank me for being willing to do it.  One lady told me I was very "brave" to do it.  Other people commented on Lexi's participation and indicated her part in it brought them to tears.  Honestly, it wasn't a "brave" thing to do.  It was just the "right" thing to do.  God has been faithful to me and the kids, He deserves the credit and I wanted to give Him that glory.  In the second (of four total) service I was caught off guard and incredibly moved when (at the end of the song) the congregation rose to their feet to clap.  I never expected it would illicit such a response.  When I began to see people standing and clapping I was overcome (internally) by God's presence and encouragement.  It's a moment I will never forget.  I managed to keep most of my emotions in check but I was moved to a level I haven't experienced in a long, long time.   It was definitely a high point for me.  I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony of God's amazing grace in my life.

Today, I had the opportunity to share my story with a group of ladies who are in our Job Corps program.  I used the theme of "perspective" to talk about how limited our view of God's work in our life is.  We played a game where they were to guess some "mystery" pictures. The pictures were close-ups of random objects and they were to try to determine what the picture was based on the close-up.  It provided the example of how little we see and know of God's big picture in our life.  None of them were able to guess all the pictures.  As a matter of fact, their accuracy was dismal.  In the same way, none of us are able to accurately judge God's work in our life because we see such a limited, finite view.  The God of eternity sees us as we someday will be, and there is no way for us to draw conclusions based only on what we see now.  It was a sweet time and a growing time for me.  I'm becoming more and more comfortable telling my story and sharing how God is bringing beauty from the ashes of my life.  Again, I'm thankful for the opportunity to be able to speak of His goodness.....and, I'm extremely grateful to be where I am at and not where I was at four years ago.  Yeah God!

Peace.  For the past few days I have been at peace with the issues surrounding my building in Granbury.  It's almost unexplainable how much peace I have about it right now.  This weekend, I was consumed by it, today I am able to trust that whatever is meant to be will happen.  I'm praying that God will close the door if it isn't the right decision for me.  And, if He does close it, I can be grateful for that...truly grateful...and at peace.  

The kids and I will be (and are) more than just ok....of this I am certain....

No comments: