Wednesday, November 04, 2009

First Showing

My tenants officially were gone today at noonish.  They asked for an extension to get their stuff out.  I didn't feel like I had a choice but to let them stay an extra day or so.  They did finally pay me October's rent yesterday (32 days late).  They also left the place in a mess and left me 50 tires in the back that weren't there last week.  I guess they had some tires somewhere they thought they would get rid of and bring them up to my property and dump them.  As soon as their check clears, I will be addressing this with them.  I may have my maintenance man take them over to their place and dump them.  I am sure they just forg0t them or mistakenly put them on my property....yeah, right.  My understanding is that it will cost about 20.00 per tire to get rid of them.  

The good news is that my realtor showed the property to a prospective buyer today about 2 hours after they vacated.  She tells me they spent 2.5 hours looking at the building and that they are very interested.  They requested my realtor set up a meeting with the city inspector to see if they can have a retail store there.  Parking is apparently the issue.  I knew parking would be an obstacle.  We'll see how it all pans out.  I was just tickled someone was interested and pursuing us.  

So, the journey has begun....wondering where it will leads us and how long it will take to get there....


1 comment:

Janine said...

Good luck with selling it. And I think taking the tires to their new place is a fantastic idea! If I lived closer I'd come help!
Janine