Thursday, November 12, 2009

Building Drama/Update

For my lunch time enjoyment today, I spent it with my realtor who is listing my commercial property. She met with the city code enforcement nazis and the potential buyer today for several hours. It seems the city has the ability to force me to spend thousands and thousands of dollars in order for my building to be in a condition to sell or lease.

I was so happy to hear how thoughtful and kind they were about it all.

I wasn't surprised at all. Maybe a little disappointed...but not surprised.

I knew reality was going to bite when it came to the city of Granbury and what they would force me to do.

I just don't understand how they can have so much power....

Regardless, the buyer is still interested and is still working towards making a deal. The bad news is that I will take a financial hit that I'd prefer not to have to take. The potential buyer is bringing in contractors to get bids so that we have hard numbers as to what it would take to make a deal. We shall see where that goes.

Honestly, I just want this whole drama out of my life. Almost to the point of not caring what it costs....not sure that is a good place to be, but that is where I am at.

My perspective is this: I have already been through the worst thing that could possibly happen to me...I made it through it...this pales in comparison to that. In the grand scheme of life, it won't matter 20 years from now that I had to take a lump on the chin in order to sell it. I've made it through so many other things, I know I will make it through this. The reality is that people are losing their houses, their jobs, and their dignity over the economic downturn...Me, I will be just fine....more than ok.

So, whatever happens or doesn't happen...we'll be ok....just wish we didn't have to ride this darn rollercoaster called life....I'd much prefer a nice, scenic train ride...that has a beginning and ending and makes a loud noise when danger is dead ahead....

No comments: