Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Time to Refocus

It's time to refocus.  

My motives have been good, but the results have been less than stellar.  

My weak spot is discouragement that comes from my life circumstances.  I don't like where my life is right now.  This is not what I wanted.  And, sometimes, I get angry because I think it isn't what I need either.  

I suppose that some of my anger gets taken out on other people.  Instead of recognizing what my problem is, I focus on something else that really isn't that significant or important.

I want to refocus.  It's no fun being angry and frustrated.  I've been short-fused with everyone, including my kids, for the last month or so.

I need to refocus.

My life is still good.  I have been blessed in many amazing ways.  I love my children and I want the very best for them.  I want to fulfill God's calling on my life.  I am thankful for the position I have in ministry.  I want to be a good steward of the blessings God has given me.  

I want to finish strong....I don't want to give up or give in.  

God, help me to see the best in other people.  Forgive me for being so self-focused lately.  I know that contentment and joy come from a heart that is focused on Your love, mercy and salvation.

 

1 comment:

Marsha said...

We all need that reminder to re-focus; to take hold of today and live it. Seems the older I get, the more I need to step back and find focus. Thanks
Marsha