Saturday, December 27, 2008

You know you are a widow when....

My mom asked me a few months back what I'd like for Christmas. I told her I wanted a cordless screwdriver/drill. It seems that every time I have to hang something up or put something together I have to borrow my neighbors.

So, I got a cordless screwdriver/drill for Christmas from my parents. And, I was thrilled. Until, I started looking at it and noticed it was a 12 volt....and I thought to myself, I wonder if that is powerful enough. Maybe I should return it and get an 18/24 volt for more power....

And...then, I smiled and laughed to myself....thinking, "did I really just think that?"

Yep, you know you are a widow when you ask for a tool for Christmas and then wonder if it is powerful enough....

My how life can change things....

1 comment:

Supa Dupa Fresh said...

UCK -- I hear ya. I knew I was a widow when I had to take a splinter out of my own foot.

Congratulations on the power tool!

I have been handy for a while (even before Gavin died) and I have recently discovered that I really prefer a corded drill for the superior stamina and power... it's just like they say about battery-powered vibrators. They tend to fade at the most inconvenient times.

One power tool is like another...

Enjoy your tool!