Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Meeting # 3

I had mentioned a few posts back that I had an opportunity to visit with someone who was in crisis and randomly called our church wanting to talk to a minister. I happened to be the one to end up visiting with her.

Well, she has since been to our church 3 times and to a LifeGroup twice. She emailed me today wanting to come by tomorrow to talk about her relationship with God. She has some questions and wondered if I would talk with her.

So, tomorrow will be meeting # 3. I am still amazed at how curious she is and how much initiative she has taken to set up meetings and to ask questions. She is searching and I feel blessed to be a part of the process.

I'm not sure how tomorrow will go. I am praying that God will direct my thoughts and words and that He will use me to somehow help her in her journey. Mostly, I just hope I stay out of the way. It is very apparent to me that God is working in her life. I don't want to mess that up.

I am thankful that God has given me a front row seat to watch someone's life be transformed by the good news of God's love. I got chill bumps when I read her email today ASKING if she could ask me some more questions. I have never had this type of experience before.

The really odd and strange thing is that I know that my life experience has impacted the relationship that we have established. I don't think I would have been given this opportunity four years ago. I am not trying to make this about me because it isn't....but I do know some walls were immediately broken down when I briefly shared the personal crisis I had been through and that I sort of understood some of her questions....I didn't have the answers to all of them but I did understand the depth of the question....For God being able to use anything in our life for His Glory, I worship Him....

1 comment:

Laura said...

I will defintely be praying for you and your friend tomorrow as you are meeting. I'm quite certain that God has used you, because of your experience, in more ways then you can imagine..and for that..I am grateful.

I think it's pretty awesome how God uses us when we least expect it or when we don't go looking for it. That lady called on that particular day and you happen to be the only female minister there. What are the chances of that? Maybe God knew what He was doing all along.