Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm in love.....

I knew that would catch your attention.....

It may sound a little overboard.....but, I'm in love with learning and going to school.  

I love the fact that next semester I am doing a directed study on Crisis Counseling.  I love that I have some choices about my focus each semester.

I love the challenge.  I love that each semester has a beginning, middle and end.  I love that I get a grade for my effort which motivates me to do my best.

I love that when the kids go to bed at night I have something to fill my time....something worthwhile....something that is stretching me.

I haven't always felt this way about school.  I've always been a good student but never have I been so interested and excited about the things I am learning.

Maybe it's that my prior coursework was done before becoming a parent.  I get so jazzed when I learn something that will impact how I parent or teach my kids.  I love that.  I need that.

I may not always feel this way, but for now, the learning process is fantastic.  

For the opportunity to go to school, I am grateful....

No comments: