Saturday, November 15, 2008

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For this Thanksgiving...

Here we go...Shelly's Top Ten at Ten.....

10.  I am thankful for the opportunities for growth that have presented themselves this year.
9.  I am thankful for the way God provides for me and the kids.
8.  I am thankful for my mom who has helped me during the busy times of school.  I am especially thankful that she is going with Nathan on an overnight field trip this week so I don't miss an oral exam.
7.  I am thankful that things in Granbury have improved and that most all of our issues have been resolved.
6.  I am thankful that the corporate tax returns are completely up to date.  This is a huge relief.
5.  I am thankful that it has been 3 1/2 years since Brian's death.  I am so grateful that most of the really hard grieving is over...and that we have made great strides to rebuild our life.
4.  I am thankful that we now have a routine and some rituals that work for us as a family.  We have created a good post-Brian life.
3.  I am thankful that I've begun to understand the really important things in life.....family, faith, love, and friendship.
2.  I am thankful for a good job, wonderful friends, and an incredible church family.
1.  I am thankful for the remnants of Brian that I get to enjoy on a daily basis....my children.


And one thing more....I am thankful for God and the way He has worked in my heart and life.  I do trust Him.....I don't understand Him, but I completely trust Him......

Even with the trust....I still wish I could catch a glimpse of my future....sometimes I think I am so content to just be the best mom I can be and not worry about anything else.  Other days, I realize how lonely I am....and wish I knew if I would ever get to experience marriage again....it's the not knowing that is sometimes hard.  The future is mysterious.....but my "present" is good...a little lonely, but life is still sweet.....it really is.

No comments: