Monday, April 21, 2008

Can we take our bicycles to heaven?




As you can see from the picture above, Braden learned to ride a bike without training wheels tonight. It was a blast working with him and watching him be successful. It was bittersweet in that I wished Brian was here to see it. Brian taught Nathan how to ride his bike and I have taught Lexi and Braden. It may seem silly but it is at times like this that I am reminded of how much my kids are missing out on. They only have one cheerleader and that's me. I hate that.

I was talking with Braden tonight and told him how proud I was of him. I asked him if he knew who else would be proud of him. He made a couple of guesses before he said his dad. Then he asked me "can we take our bicycles to heaven with us?" Instead of answering him I just asked him what he thought. He said he thought that he could take it so he could ride bikes with his daddy in heaven.

I have to admit that the picture of them riding bikes together in heaven popped into my head. I know it isn't possible....but it was fun thinking about it.

I sure do love my kids.....and I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of their lives....

No comments: