Wednesday, January 02, 2008

So You Had a Bad Day....

I hate bad days. It is usually during those bad days that I am reminded of how out of whack my priorities get.

Today we decided to give up a day of skiing to go on a snow-mobiling trip in the afternoon. I was excited about it and had high hopes for making some memories with the kids.

To make a long story short, our trip got cancelled at the last minute by the tour company.

I was ticked and it took several hours for me to process my anger about the whole situation.

And then....I was reminded how insignificant this inconvenience was in the grand scheme of life in this world.

A bad day for me....not being able to go snow-mobiling with my kids.....how pathetic....why do I let that kind of stuff rock my world?

I need to get a grip.....

When do I grow up enough to know when to be angry and when to just be grateful for the opportunities God gives us to enjoy His creation.....

I am frustrated with myself tonight....

Wishing I hadn't wasted several hours being angry and disappointed...

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I do the same thing--overreact and then get disgusted with myself for being so-----overeactive? Lately, it has been the boys who have said "mom, really it isn't that big of a deal"--then I feel even more---stupid. It looks like your trip has been fun anyway. Blessing to you this year.
Marsha