Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nine years ago....

Nine years ago Brian and I welcomed our first born child into this world.

We were together....completely overwhelmed by the moment....an unbelieveably sacred moment....

Today...we're apart.....and that is just so wrong....so terribly wrong...

Tomorrow....I turn 38.....and I start a new endeavor....going back to school again....and he's not here to see it....

He always wanted me to go back to school....he was incredibly supportive of whatever I wanted to do with my life....so, I know he'd be proud if he knew I was doing it....

But, I don't do things for him anymore....maybe it's more like "because of him" I do some of the things that I do.....early in this journey I think I tried to do things "for him"....things that I thought he wanted me to do....now, it's shifted away from that....although, his influence is still there, I am doing this for me and the kids....to hopefully provide a better future....but,more importantly, to obtain the education necessary to continue to grow towards whatever it is that God wants to do with my life....a life that will hopefully combine my life experiences, education and calling into a unique contribution for God's glory.


So, Happy Birthday to us....by the way, January birthdays really stink....they come soooo fast after the holidays....

No comments: