Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!




Happy New Year from Wolf Creek, Colorado!

I didn't make any New Years Resolutions. I am, however, trying to evaluate the things in my life that may need change or adjustment. If nothing else, I pray that in 2008 I will spend more time being "present-minded". I tend to be either looking back at the past or driving myself crazy trying to plan my future.

Realistically, it is important to learn from the past and plan for the future and I do want to continue doing that. I just don't want to be so obsessed with it all this year. I just want to enjoy my life and my kids and try to honor God in my work and family.

On our drive out here to Colorado I didn't look at the map one time. I was following my parents and sister and her family in the car ahead of me so I didn't really need a map. It wasn't until we got here that I realized I had left the map in the back of car and never consulted it.

Interesting. I am usually one to plot our way on trips....notating how far we have gone and have far we have to go....always referring to it at every new major town.

I guess subconsciously I trusted my dad to know where he was going....and I was comfortable following along....

Maybe that is how my faith needs to change a little this year. Sure, I need to know that I am headed in the right direction....but, I don't need to be obsessed with trying to measure the distance we've come or the distance we still need to go.....

I need to be comfortable following THE One I trust.....and He will continue to guide my life....and for that I am grateful....

Here's to a great 2008!

No comments: