Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Sometimes Life still stinks!

Life has been really smooth and good for the past several months. This Spring has been fantastic. I have seen many things accomplished and finished up some major goals.

But, today I was reminded that sometimes my life just stinks! I had to put on my landlord hat today and it was very discouraging and disheartening. I went to check on the rent house on my lunch hour because my tenants were late in paying (actually, they didn't pay in April and then May is a few days overdue). The bottom line is that it looks like I am going to have to find new renters....and I am out 2 months rent.....arrrrrrrggggghhhhh!

I do not like the landlord hat...it doesn't fit me....but, the market isn't such that I could sell it for a good enough price to warrant getting rid of it.

SO, tomorrow begins the drama of getting a locksmith to let me in....finding out what kind of shape it is in....and dealing with whatever is there for me to deal with....and, finding a new tenant.

I so didn't wake up this morning thinking I would be dealing with this.....

God, grant me wisdom and grace in dealing with this very unpleasant situation. Help me to do things in a way that honors you. You know my needs and I pray you would provide for those needs. Help my tenants to do the right thing too. Grant me peace in knowing I can trust You with this issue. You are always faithful. Help me remember that...amen.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

amen--my friend--what a beautiful way to deal with your situation---