Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some good news...finally!

After a dry spell of good news, today finally produced some. My rent house is getting a new roof (courtesy of my insurance company)!!

About a year and a half ago my renter told me he thought we had hail damage. I called the insurance company, they came out and looked at the roof and said "no, it isn't hail damage...it is a defective roof". My renter disagreed but we left it alone.

A couple of weeks ago my renter told me it was leaking more and that he really thought we should call them back out there again. His neighbor next door and across the street got new roofs because of hail damage and he thought we should try it again.

I reluctantly called the adjustor back out there. It was a new guy, new company. Without any hesitation he said we needed a new roof and that the roof and damage from the leaks would all be covered.

So, it just so happens my renter is a roofing guy. He is going to replace the roof for me and this will help him get caught up on his rent before he moves out.

I'm thankful for a new roof and I am thankful my renter is going to be able leave on good terms.

For some good news....I'm so grateful!

No comments: