Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Wild Week....

It's been a wild, wild week.  Here are just a few of the things that happened over the course of the past seven days:

1.  The lady two doors down from me thought someone was breaking in her home (about 11:15pm) and called the police.  My neighbor next door woke me up to tell me that he was going to walk the perimeter of my house to make sure no one was still around.  Honestly, it didn't bother me at all.  I went right back to sleep and really haven't thought a thing about it.  

2.  I found a snake in my living room on Tuesday night.  THAT was a lot of fun to try to deal with....I'm surprised I didn't wake  the kids up with my squeals.

3.  I got an email from a man in our church that caught me off guard.  He emailed me to let me know that he was at the accident scene when Brian had his wreck.  He said he drove slowly by and didn't stop to help.  He said there were lots of people trying to help and he could have but he didn't.  He said he was sorry that he didn't stop and help.  He didn't know it was Brian until later.  My first response was to feel bad that he felt bad for not stopping.  When I responded to his email I told him not to be sorry because it wouldn't have mattered how many people stopped to help....he was hurt so badly.  My second response was to wonder if I should try to talk to him and ask him what he saw.  Maybe he would have some information that might be helpful?  My final response...was to leave it alone.  I don't need to know anything about the accident scene.  It's not going to be beneficial for me to know all the horrific details.  So, I don't plan on ever asking him anything....and I am ok with that.  I do have to wonder why this man decided to tell me this now....almost four years later???????

4.  I called the police at 3am Friday morning because my neighbors directly behind me were apparently under the influence of something that caused them to stand outside, play ping pong and SCREAM at the top of their lungs at each other while beating the paddle on the table.   I've never had to do that before....what a crazy week.

5.  My alarm system on my house decided to do crazy things all night last night.  Apparently, the contacts on the door to my bedroom (from the outside) are messed up.  So, it chimed off and on for about 2 hours straight.  I feel like my sleep has been cursed this week or something.

Let's see, is that all?  I'd just like a good night's sleep tonight...no drama, no storms, no noisy neighbors and most certainly NO SNAKES.


For a quiet night...I'd be ever so grateful!

No comments: