Saturday, May 03, 2008

The ups and downs of life...

Yesterday was a crazy day. I spent the first half of my day in Granbury talking with a contractor. We think we found our issue but it turns out to be a pretty big deal....one that could be very costly. I have some leaks in my roof and we aren't sure if those leaks are the result of storm damage or defects in the roof. I had to call my insurance company and the adjustor will be coming out to look at it next week. It will be at minimum 10,000.00 to fix the roof. It is a metal roof and those aren't cheap to fix. I am praying that the adjustor will find storm damage and that they will pay for it to be fixed. If not, there goes more money down that drain......arghhhh!

On my way back from Granbury I discovered that I may own the mineral rights on the residential rental property I have in Burleson. I ended up having to go the Courthouse in Cleburne to research it. I didn't have any luck there....it is very tedious and time consuming and really meant for the professionals. Regardless, there has been a landman knocking on my rental property door and so that probably means that I am the owner since they are trying to find me. So, I signed a contract yesterday to lease those rights...assuming that I have them which isn't 100% but seems pretty likely. If I do, then maybe that signing money will go to my new roof in Granbury....if I don't, then I still have a roof in Granbury to pay for.

When I got home I checked a website that was supposed to be posting the scholarship winners from a scholarship I had applied for. They had announced that they would be posted by May 5th, so I thought I would check and see if maybe they were already listed. Sure enough they had the winners posted and my name was on the list. My kids were home when I found out so we celebrated with hoops and hollers and high fives!! It was a national scholarship that was based on academic achievement and an essay that you had to write. They picked 50 winners nationwide for this particular scholarship. Obviously, I was hoping to get it but had no clue what kind of a shot I had at it. I am amazed that I won and thankful that God provides. It also provides me more affirmation that I am headed down the right road. So, my school next year is halfway paid for already.....woohoo!!

So, it was a crazy day.....but a good day.....for that I am grateful.....

And, I am praying real hard for a nice insurance adjustor.....never hurts!!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

WOW a national scholarship is a HUGE honor---good for you girl!!
Marsha