Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thankful

I'm thankful for many things right now.

I'm thankful that my first semester of doctoral work is over.

I'm thankful for the results and for the success I had this semester.

I'm thankful that my two older kids are doing well in school. I had parent/teacher/child conferences this week and both of their teachers gave them glowing reports.

I'm thankful for Braden who gives me more kisses and hugs than I can take sometimes. He brings so much laughter and love to our family....and he looks just like his daddy....his smile reminds me of Brian, and he smiles CONSTANTLY....he's one of the happiest kids I know.

I'm thankful that, for now, we won't be adding a Saturday night service to our weekly schedule. This was one of my biggest concerns and greatest fears.....the impact on my family would have been huge.

I'm thankful that the insurance company agreed to fix my roof in Granbury at their expense. This is truly a huge blessing that will benefit the building for many, many years.

I'm thankful for the scholarship I received from the Datatel Corporation to help pay for my tuition next year. I still wonder exactly how that happened.

I'm thankful for the time that has passed since Brian's death. I am thankful and proud that I have been able to muddle through so many difficult emotions and issues. I truly believe the worst is over and the best is yet to come.

I'm thankful that I see God working in my life. I see purpose evolving in my life. I am excited about the possibilities that are before me.

I'm thankful that I have finally made some progress with my commercial tenants. This is a huge relief.

I'm thankful for a God who understands the process of grief and is patient with us as we struggle through it.

I'm thankful for my children. They provide the inspiration and hope in my life.

I'm thankful for the lessons I have learned and the growth that has occurred. I still have many more lessons to learn and much more growth is necessary....but I know I have made some progress.

For all these things.....and many, many more...I am grateful.


Oh yeah, one more thing, I am thankful for garage door repairmen who know how to fix demon possessed garage doors.....woohoo!

No comments: