Sunday, August 12, 2007

We're All In This Together

I continue to be amazed at how connections with people can be such a blessing in our lives. I am blessed to have people in my life who love me, encourage me, support me, and inspire me. We are, afterall, all in this together.

Today I had a very short conversation with one of the people in my life who inspire me. She provided just the right nudge to affirm me in what I am pursuing in my life. She has walked the same road I am walking and she inspires me with hope. The conversation was about me going back to school. I admitted to her that I really didn't know if I could do it....I didn't know if I could be the kind of mom and employee I want to be and still be able to go to school. She told me that she had wished she had gone back to school and that I would never know unless I tried....she encouraged me to try it...to stick my toes in the water and see how it feels....wow, did I ever need to hear that....from someone who has experienced almost exactly what I am experiencing....

Thanks God....I needed to hear her say that today....

Just try it....that's all....takes a lot of pressure off when I think about it that way....

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Going back to school is one of the most positive things you can do for yourself. I was in the middle of my second master's program when Don died. I was determined to finish the degree and was able to---some how BUT what I do know is that during that time I was more focused than I have been at any other time. Sometimes I wish I had something like going to school to give that focus back. Good luck to you.
Marsha

Laura said...

It is amazing how God puts people in our life at just the right time...when we need it most.

I know that my encouragement isn't the same because I haven't been there, but go for it. Stick your toes in...you don't have todo a cannonball. I'll be here each step of the way doing what I can to help.