Thursday, August 23, 2007

Here we go again...

School is about to start....we had meet the teacher night tonight.....the kids are excited...and maybe a little nervous....

The worst part for me is filling out all those forms that ask for the "parents" name....there are blanks for the mother's name and blanks for the father's name as well as occupation, phone number, email address, etc. So, I had to leave several blanks for all the info they wanted on my kids father. Ouch. I don't know if that will ever quit being a little bit painful.....I just hate it.....hate it....hate it.....hate it....

I don't want to sound whiney, but it does hurt....it doesn't knock me over like it did the first year....but it still smarts a little...

Last year I sent emails to the kids teachers just "touching base" with them and letting them know our home situation. I had to do that tonight because Nathan has a new teacher....I hate informing teachers about it.....but, I do think it is important for them to know...just so they will understand my kids a little better....not so they will treat them any different....

So...I guess this is just how it will be....need to get used to it....I just hate it.....

On the upside....I think my kids are doing really well....and I have full confidence that they will continue to do well....I think they are more comfortable with who we are as a family....I don't think it bothers them near as much as it does me....I mean, they still miss him and would do anything to have him back.....but, they seem unphased by most things.....probably has something to do with their egocentrism....as long as their needs are being met, all is well.....

So, here we go again....back to school....woohoo....

No comments: