Sunday, August 26, 2007

A first....

Tonight as I was getting the kids ready for bed I heard Lexi calling from her bedroom for me to come in there....I went in there and she was in her own bed.....ready for me to say prayers with her.....she has been sleeping in my bed since Brian died...she has had a few nights in her own bed but only after I guilted her into trying it....this time it was her idea....maybe she thinks that now that she is a first grader she needs to sleep in her room.....maybe? Maybe not....we'll see if she makes a return visit to my bed tomorrow night.....

If this sticks, I think it will be a milestone worth noting....if not, we'll just chalk it up to "the night before the first day of school" giddyness.....

I have a king size bed so I hardly notice that she is there....it hasn't been a real problem....but it would be nice, I guess, if I had my room all to myself....maybe.....then I could make up my bed when I first got up....instead of waiting until she is up....

Oh well...we shall see....

2 comments:

Laura said...

Interesting..it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days. Who knows...maybe this is something that will stick.

It was fun today to have her join us in 1st Grade Sunday school. Just a little reminder, that they are going to be OK (even Little Man). Know that as the kiddos go to school tomorrow that they and you will be in my prayers.

Gigi said...

Again....thanks for sharing your journey I will be joining you in prayer for your kids.....