Sunday, August 19, 2007

Interesting Quote

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change things yourself".....Andy Warhol

I don't know a whole lot about Andy Warhol, but I think he's got it right......

I have been told by a lot of people that time will heal a lot of wounds....or "to just give it time (grief) and you will be able to see the good"....maybe....maybe not...

I think Andy Warhol has a more realistic picture.....for me anyways....yes, time will help....but, mostly, time will just provide the opportunity for me to continue to grow forward....to change the things that I can about myself and about my circumstances....but most of the responsibility is on my shoulders....and I am ok with that...

I've wondered how much responsibility I have in allowing God to "work all things together for good for those who love the Lord"....I mean... would he still be able to bring good if all I did was wallow in my grief? Maybe? I suppose he could....maybe people would be so glad that they weren't me that they would appreciate their life and that would be good, right? But...I tend to believe that God can bring more good if I do my part....if I continue to "grow forward"....if I take the "time" that He has given me and use it in a way that hopefully honors Him....

Just thought it was an interesting quote that I ran across...

3 comments:

Laura said...

Reading your post was challenging. But I think I agree with Andy Warhol. I don't know much about him either, but there seems to be some responsibility on our part to put forth some effort. It's possible that God could still bring good if "all you did was wallow in your grief," maybe. But I don't know...He is God. If all we did was wait on God...hum...I'm not sure it would work out so swell.

By in large the people in the Bible put forth effort and took on responsibility for how things were turning out. Yet they also depended on God too. Maybe there's something of a balance there. I sure don't know.

Gigi said...

Loved where his thought / words, took you....will be rereading this.

Gigi said...

Loved where his thought / words, took you....will be rereading this.