Saturday, March 10, 2007

Free at Last!

Spring break is here and that meant that today I met my mom in Oklahoma and let her take my three sweet angels to spend the week with her and my dad. Free at last....free at last....

I used to dread being home by myself....now, I drink up the silence....I crave the quiet moments....

I am sure the quiet will get old within a couple of days....and if it doesn't get old...then I will have the "mom guilt".....but for now:


Here's to a whole week of only having to bathe and wipe myself.....and I get to do those two things alone....no interruptions....

Here's to a whole week of waking up on my own....without the aid of my precious three year old......

Here's to a whole week without cleaning up and picking up all the "experiments" Braden leaves for me to discover....

Here's to a whole week without having to referee the squabbles my kids get into....

Here's to a whole week without "SpongeBob Squarepants" or "Full House"....I can watch whatever I want....whenever I want...

Here's to a whole week of being able to go anywhere I want...any time I want...no coordinating schedules or trying to squeeze in a trip to the grocery store on my lunch hour so I don't have to take the kids.....heck, I can go to Wal-Mart at midnight if I want....NOT!

Ahhhhhhhhhh...I think it is going to be a good week.....some time to rest...some time to relax...

And then....I will want them back....

2 comments:

Laura said...

Enjoy your week, my friend!!!

Gigi said...

You got a good balance there my friend....ENJOY the week......