Sunday, March 18, 2007

Blown Away by God's Goodness

I had an experience this weekend when I was literally blown away by God's goodness in my life. It involves a conversation I had with my dad. I will cherish the conversation we had for the rest of my life. I can't even put into words why I was so moved by it. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have seen my dad cry. This weekend was one of those times. I am so grateful for my dad and the influence he has been in my life. I am also thankful that God gave me this moment this weekend to see inside my dad's heart and know how much he loves me and my kids.

I don't understand God's goodness....it comes unexpectedly....and this weekend was an unexpected high point in my relationship with my dad.

For that I am grateful....


Shelly

2 comments:

Bruce said...

That is so cool, I pray that I have that kind of relation with Allie. Hope all is well with you and the kids.

B~

Gigi said...

we don't even know to ask sometimes for what He knows we need...thanks for sharing your story....b