Saturday, March 07, 2009

Maybe there's hope afterall....

My sister and mom have been here for the weekend and Kathy brought her 4 month old daughter and 3 year old son.  We have had a great time enjoying watching the cousins play and have fun.

I've always thought that my kids and I look like a traveling three ring circus.  Parenting in public has been challenging for me.  

This weekend it has been nice to be the "calm" family.  We actually seem like we have it together compared to my sister and her two kids.  My three year old nephew is filled with an AMAZING amount of energy.  I am certain he will solve some huge world problem because he never tires.

My kids seemed so grown up compared to him.  And, they should be since they are older....but, it sure was nice not to feel like the three-ring circus. 

So, maybe there is hope after all....maybe we have turned the corner.....until the next big challenge pops up....

To be sure, my sister is an incredible parent.  She is doing a fabulous job....it's just nice to be a little past the stage she is in right now.....

For a brief glimpse of hope....I am grateful.


No comments: