Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Good day....

I have been watching the mail for my certificate of licensure from the state of Texas.  I knew it had to be on the way because my status had been changed on the website from "intern" to LPC.  Today it came.  Woohoo...I promptly took it to Hobby Lobby and had it framed.  It represents a very long journey that I have been on.  It's a big relief to have that finished.  No more hoops to jump through.  Done.

Something else came in the mail today that was unexpected.  It was an invitation from the president of my school to attend the 2009 student awards banquet.  I was shocked.  I don't have a clue what it is about but I will return my RSVP to attend tomorrow.  I'm probably getting an award for the best actress in statistics class.  Ha.  The only bummer is that it asked if  my spouse would be attending as well.  Well, yes, he will.  Just not in the way in which you are anticipating.   

If there is one thing I hate it is that he isn't here to see me reaching some of these goals.  He was my biggest supporter.  I wish he were here to go with me. 

For good days and unexpected surprises...and completed goals that come in the form of a certificate...I'm grateful.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Please let us know what the award is for--you are an inspiration. Know your husband is with you, every step of the way on this journey.
Blessings to you today.

The Widower Dad said...

That really is a good day. I get excited if I just get mail that is addressed to me instead of "Current Occupant".

I really enjoy reading along as you post and think that it's great that you are being recognized by both the award and your license. I bet it looks great in the frame!